In his over three decades-long mountaineering career, Kami Rita Sherpa has undoubtedly amassed great fame and worth. As of 2023, Kami Rita Sherpa net worth is estimated to be around US$1 to 5 million.
The renowned Sherpa guide after making his first-world record in 2018 for scaling the tallest mountain in the world 22 times, has been unstoppable ever since. The world record holder for scaling Mt. Everest most time has successfully conquered the tallest snow peak in the world 28 times from 1994 to 2023.
Kami Rita Sherpa | Net Worth
The record holder mountaineer over his consistent career chasing his passion has earned remarkable expertise and prestige in the field. His over three decades-long career as a mountaineer and guide has helped him garnish great fame and a relatively equivalent net worth. As of now, Kami Rita Sherpa net worth has been evaluated to be somewhere between US$1 to US$4 million.
Although his exact salary while working as a mountaineering guide has not been disclosed, Kami Rita earned a whooping sum of US$10,000 for each of the scalings to Mt. Everest in 2018. Acknowledged for his expertise and wisdom, the record-holder is one of the most beloved mountaineering guides for the conquest of the tallest mountain in the world.
Before joining the Seven Summit Treks in May 2019, Kami Rita was employed with Alpine Ascents International, an American mountain guide company. The world record holder did also join the Himalayan Glacier Adventure and Travel Company as their brand ambassador and Chief Adventure Consultant, which certainly contributes to his total worth.
Furthermore, he is also the brand ambassador for the Nepali cement manufacturing company Brij Super Premium OPC. As the world record holder for the highest-ever scaling of Mt. Everest has expressed that he has no plans of retiring as long as he is able to physically capable of chasing his passion. We are still likely to see an elevation in Kami Rita Sherpa net worth to some extent in the near future.
Kami Rita Sherpa Wife- Lapka Jangmu Sherpa
Lapka Jangu Sherpa is the beautiful wife of Kami Rita Sherpa. Lapka Jangu and Kami Rita have been together for a long time and have also welcomed two kids into the family. Kami Rita Sherpa wife is a living embodiment of enduring love and support. Despite not being totally on the boat for the career path of the world record holder, she has consistently showered Kami Rita with love and support to chase his passion.
Born in Thame, Solukhumbu, Kami Rita acknowledges that the family’s past circumstances led him to join the dangerous path of leading expeditions to the tallest snowy peaks in the world. However, the dotting father aspired to provide his children with better alternatives. Unlike Kami Rita, risking his life going on dangerous expeditions to provide for his family, the world record holder wants his children to have less perilous career choices than scaling the snowy peaks.
Kami Rita Sherpa wife, Lapka Jangmu Sherpa expressed how she wished her husband to explore other working fields or just start a small venture in 2018. However, the fearless mountaineer who has inspired many, wanted to stay dedicated to his passion.
The 53-year-old, after scaling Mt. Everest 28th times, in his return to Kathmandu on Thursday, 25th May 2023 stated that he will continue to climb as long as his body allows him to the reported at TIA.
Regardless of differences in opinions have withstood the test of time and have been supportive pillars for each other through thick and thin. And, it is obvious that Lapka Jangmu and Kami Rita’s everlasting bond is certainly a match made in heaven.
Some Interesting Facts About Kami Rita Sherpa
- Kami Rita started his expedition on Mt. Everest in 1992, however, he was only able to reach the summit of the tallest mountain in the world after two years on 13th May 1994.
- He was 48 years old when he made his first world record by conquering the summit of Mt. Everest 22 times.
- Kami Rita was just 12 years old when he first started working as a porter transporting climbing gear to Everest Base Camp.
- His father was among the first-ever professional Sherpa guides to lead the mountaineers to Mt. Everest after it was opened for climbing to foreigners in 1950.
- Kami Rita’s father after suffering from severe frostbite in 1992 put a full stop to his mountaineering career, the same year, Kami Rita was promoted to a cook’s assistant from a porter at the Everest Base Camp.
- The world record for the highest Everest scaling was the third person to scale the tallest peak in the world 21 times, he shared the record with Apa Sherpa and Phurba Tashi Sherpa in 2017.
- Besides his mountaineering father, who led the first professional expedition to the tallest mountain in the world, Kami Rita Sherpa’s brother Lapka Rita Sherpa has also successfully scaled Mt. Everest 17 times.
- Since his first successful scaling of Mt. Everest in 1994, Kami Rita has climbed Everest every year except in 2014, 2015, and 2020 when the climbing was halted by the Nepal Government for several reasons.
What is Kami Rita Sherpa net worth?
Kami Rita Sherpa’s net worth as of 2023, has been estimated to be around US$1 to US$4 million.
Who is Kami Rita Sherpa wife?
Kami Rita Sherpa is married to his wife Lapka Jangmu Sherpa. Lapka Jangmu and Kami Rita are also parents to two children.
Where was Kami Rita Sherpa born?
The record holder mounatineer was born in Thame, a remote village in the Solukhmbu district of Nepal. Thame was once along the salt trade route that was a significant and popular route between Tibet, Nepal, and India.
How many times has Kami Rita Sherpa scaled Mt. Everest?
Kami Rita successfully scaled the tallest mountain in the world Mt. Everest for the 28th time on 23rd May 2023. He reached the top of the summit at 9:23 am on Tuesday.
How old is Kami Rita Sherpa?
Born on 17th January 1970, Kami Rita, as of 2023, is 53 years old.